Thursday, September 21, 2006

I Will Not Shy Away From Sorrow

SOMETIMES, YOU DON’T know what hit you
and sometimes life seems pointless and cruel
and more than your share of disappointments
just seems to be the rule
and we don’t have satisfactory answers
and we may think things make no sense
but it never makes us happy
just to build a higher fence.

for the darkness harbors many secrets
and the harvest craves the rain

for to stuff them in some closet
would be to bottle up a flame.

Now we all know that life’s a winding river
Brimming with deaths and rebirths
but we don’t know if there’s any intention
when it hits you where it hurts
now some say that we’re like cosmic magnets
and some espouse a common consciousness
but there’s no denying the contentment
when you can see all of life as blessed.

I’ll not swallow the tears of tomorrow
nor mute the truths of today.

I will keep my heart wide open
I will sing all of life’s refrains
as I honor my soul’s journey
in the sunshine and the rain.

Will Danforth, from “I Will Not Shy Away from the Sorrow”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home