Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sally's response

I have had much joy and amazement at the conversations that I have been so priviledged to see flying across the internet. It is wonderful to be able to peer into the hearts that we love so well on even a deeper level.
For my own part I have found the winter question of the Order bringing an awareness in my own heart about where I have really come from. While my worship has been Christian my whole life the rest of my being has not. My thought pattern is Buddhist and my heart is Sufi. I have recently remembered an early age when I "divorced" Jesus as being superfluous to my inner walk with The Source. The path of wisdom is a total expression of where I feel comfortable. In that, I feel no need to align myself with any one tradition as the knowledge of each feeds the path. Yet in saying that the most acessible teacher is Yeshua and I have come to appreciate that.
When I speak with others about the Wisdom Tradition I most often have to start with what Christianity is not. Christianity is most often the tradition from which most in this country come and therefore the platform from which to leap. I find that in having to do so the conversation is not restoring Christianity to what it truly was, but creating a different entity of what we all could be. It is tempting to find a new name for this so as not to confuse the issues. Wisdomites???
Much love to you all,
Sally

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home