Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Walking past the Wall Street Journal

Are these not interesting times? Once again this morning the bold, black headlines clamor for attention-- but instead, our eyes (eyes of the heart, no doubt) are drawn to the bright, snow-covered landscape outside where, with any luck, a hawk might slowly circle into view at the edge of the window. “Ah,” we muse in tandem, “that is what we prefer to read, please.” Who can make sense of any of it?

But Wisdom tells us that it’s not actually our job to do so. Rather, as the Psalmist sings, “Do not fret yourself because of evildoers; .... for they shall soon wither like the grass, and like the green grass fade away. Put your trust in the Lord and do good..... Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him.”

Hmm, so the task at hand is to show up, to wait and to do so lovingly. Although a tall order to this Mind struggling with personal losses, fears and the seemingly insurmountable problems of the planet, something in the Heart leaps at the thought. For just this day then, may I reorient myself towards God with complete abandon, please and be as Molly Bloom with “Yes, now yes, so we are flowers all... yes...”
----

I am standing naked in the marketplace
but no one turns their head to look at me,
for no one can see me as I am.

Still I offer my friendship to all,
still to each wing and fin and cell—I will be forever in obeisance.
Anyone who bows touches my feet;
anyone who sings helps me in my work.
All labor is because my sinew quivers.

I cover the divine flame in my heart,
for if I turned God loose from my house
the earth would reveal to your eyes what mine always see--
existence is a lamp and Kabir,
the oil it burns....
understand that kind of power, that is dormant in you....

I am standing naked in the world forever in homage
to all movement. I cherish every atom
that He moves in this
dance.
--- from “Love Poems from God.”

His students asked him,
When will you manifest yourself to us?
How long will it be before we see you as you truly are?
Yeshua replied,
"On the day you strip yourselves naked like those little children, and take your clothes and trample them on the ground under your feet without shame, then you will be able to look upon the son of the Living One without fear."
-- The Gospel of Thomas, Logion 37

Lynn on "the work of the Order" on 2-13-09.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home