Friday, February 26, 2010

Chant Compassion Challenge

Chant, Compassion and Challenge
Now almost one month since our mutual gathering, I continue to walk with a lighter spirit and internal balance. Many gifts offered during various presentations continue to guide and support me. Our new books of Recitations and Invocations remain close at hand and have been used to prepare a daily weekday noon contemplative service with Lectio Divina at its central core.
Daily, I wake up with a song in my heart, literally. The presentation of new chants has been singing in my head and heart throughout every day,----------yes, every day. While shopping for groceries, feeding the longhorns and even while walking the fairways while playing golf, the tunes still play in my head and heart. During previous times of music playing in my head, I have tried to hit the “stop” button for awhile, but this year I have entered into the chants as a gift and a constant reminder of who I would like to be. One chant, offered by Darlene, that returns to me often is:
“Speak through the earthquake, the wind and the fire, o-oh Still, small voice of love.”
While chanting deep in my heart, I pray to become the chant. It has also rocked me from my complacency into a deeper consciousness of the need for compassion in a difficult and suffering world. I am reminded that God is present in all things, even in situations as drastic as the earthquake and its aftermath in Haiti. The outpouring of love and compassion of thousands who have aided is a clear expression of that small voice of love. Yet, this disaster will continue to have impact for years and generations to come.
With the reality of the magnitude of destruction of the country’s infrastructure, the cost of human lives and the ongoing suffering, a proposal was made to members and friends of the order to assume a commitment throughout the year of 2010. I recognize most of you have other outreach opportunities and commitments but I encourage those of you who can, to join us throughout this year in a Haiti Relief Fund. A special account has been established to hold funds through this year or until we can mutually select the best way to contribute to Haiti relief. Checks can be made to Praxis, a non-profit organization, and mailed to OOOW at 458 Wolf Way, Fredericksburg, Texas, 78624. Please note on your check “Haiti Relief Fund” so your contribution will go to this separate account. This account will assist to maintain a quality audit trail for communication and audit purposes.
Please join us in this critical effort.
Speak through the earthquake, the wind and the fire o-oh, so that we may join the chorus with that still small voice of love.
Blessings to all,
Ron Poidevin 2/26/2010

2 Comments:

Blogger Gail Wiggin said...

Methinks you HAVE become the chant, dear man.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Lynn Bauman said...

I agree completely with YOU are the chant, or are being chanted, and that this beautiful essay is a perfect communication of what is unfolding. Thanks, Ron.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home