Monday, February 08, 2010

Pioneering


As I return and reflect on the Gathering of the Order, my deep impression is that we are pioneering together a new work of discipleship following the path of Yeshua, and I am so profoundly grateful to each of the monks, postulants, and friends of the Order for their energy, creativity, commitment, and intelligence as we work together. It is truly inspiring to be in such a company of human beings. We do not know the shape of future things, but we are working with and in this present moment to pioneer a new vision, a new way of being, praying, and living that reflects our commitment to the deep teachings and praxis of Jesus. As I was reflecting on all of this driving home, I arrived to read the new issue of Parabola magazine on Love. In it is an interview with a young Chinese Buddhist monk and Abbot, Master Minghai, doing something very similar in China to what we are doing here—following a different sacred tradition, but entirely in the spirit of our work in the Order. I recommend it to you.

http://www.parabola.org/currenthighlights/to-truly-live-the-teachings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home