Wednesday, April 06, 2011

The Human Condition?

"A spirtual life has a peace and calmness about it. It is lived in harmony with the energy flows that underlie it. The first rule is energy in reserve. The second is that energy needs to be focused where it will have a disproportionate impact. Intuition is important in the process of deciding where to focus energy. Intuition requires a rested, relaxed mind. I've come to see my role as that of creating art and words that arise out of a peaceful place, a spiritual place. The problem is that I seem engaged in a continual cycle of falling out of sync with that peace. Eventually I find my way back, but there is a struggle going on. A struggle with myself? Or maybe this is just the human condition. If so, it is aggravated by a tendency to take on too many projects. When we take on too much, that is the exact time we most need a relaxed perspective. That's when a calmness, a returning to center, is needed so that we can find our way out of the maze." ~Rod MacIver

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home