Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Inner Awareness

Contributed by Gary O'Connor:


I wish to be conscious of this unknown energy that is in me. For this I need to get rid of the idea that I know my body. I must see that the memory of my body, of the known sensation of my body, imposes itself as an answer at the moment of questioning who I am, the moment of incomprehension. And because this answer appears spontaneously, I remain passive and do not wake up and look. I must see this constant tendency to let the memory of sensation preempt the direct perception. I need to see that my body is also unknown.

I feel my essential "I' like an echo of a distant vibration of which I am barely aware. It is as though submerged in my body, and because it is submerged, it cannot differentiate itself. I need to dissociate myself from my thoughts, ordinary emotions and movements, my sensations. Their vibrations of inertia, which condition me, are an obstacle to the consciousness of 'I'. Yet I have the power to ignore them and not let them invade my consciousness if I concentrate on 'I,' this echo of a powerful vibration that could transform me."

~From Jeanne de Salzmann's new book, The Reality of Being

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home