Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Striving....

"Inherent in the impulse to be free, is insecurity.  The impulse to be free comes from outside of the mind, and because of this, it makes the mind feel very insecure.  Most spiritual seekers move away from this insecurity by seeking and striving for a distant spiritual goal.  That’s how they avoid feeling insecure." Adyashanti,  “The Impact of Awakening”
 
I am finding this to be true for myself.  I have a need for my practice be very structured and controlled, and yet, in essence, that plays right into  my ego's need to be in charge, be in control and feel more secure.  I am actually better off when I "go with the flow" and try to just remember to be present to the moment.  It is THEN that I find the small quiet Voice that whispers with joy and happiness.  When I am relaxed and playful, I am most likely to be aware of the Presence in and through all things.  It is when "I" am trying to be good, be right, make progress on the path, that my ego gets in the way and it is nearly impossible to re-member who I truly am. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary O said...

Well said. Going with the flow means living in the present, so our egos have less influence.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home