Saturday, October 21, 2006

Mary's Song

In the recovery of the ancient text of the Gospel of Mary Magdalene we have found this song of ecstatic vision. I have been translating this fragile and important text and wanted to post what appears at its very heart.

“What bound me has been slain. What encompassed me has been vanquished. Desire has reached its end and I am freed from Ignorance. I left one world behind with the aid of another, and now as Image I have been freed from the analog. I am liberated from the chains of forgetfulness which have existed in time. From this moment onward, I go forward into the season of the Great Age, the Aeon, and there, where time rests in stillness in the Eternity of time, I will repose in silence.” And having said this Mary fell silent since it was to this point that the Savior had brought her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary O'Connor said...

Beautiful. Sounds almost Buddhist!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home