Saturday, March 20, 2010

I am a fountain, You are my water

By Zeynep Hatun
(15th Century)
English version by Murat Yagan

I am a fountain, You are my water.
I flow from You to You.

I am an eye, You are my light,
I look from You to You.

You are neither my right nor my left.
You are my foot and my arm as well.

I am a traveler, You are my road.
I go from You to You.

If you have not discovered it yet, I highly recommend The Poetry Chaikhana website, which is a huge repository of Wisdom poetry and other resources. Ivan M. Granger, who runs the site, is a man of deep wisdom. His commentaries on the poetry are amazing. I receive his (somewhat) daily emails, and they have been crucial to my spiritual journey over the last couple of years. www.Poetry-Chaikhana.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary O'Connor said...

Wonderful. Thanks for the link.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home